The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Southwestern Division is hiring! We are looking to fill several hundred positions over the next few years.
The Southwestern Division is a HIGH PERFORMING ORGANIZATION that reliably delivers QUALITY engineering products and services to the region and around the world. SWD needs to RECRUIT → HIRE → DEVELOP → RETAIN several hundred positions in order to maintain our HIGH levels of service. SWD has approximately 2,700 civilians and soldiers that carry out our complicated missions on a daily basis.
Jobs range from all aspects of coastal/water resources engineering, construction, flood control, navigation, disaster response, and military construction activities. In support of other programs, we hire large numbers of environmental science professionals, biologists, physical scientists, geologists, hydrologists, and others.
To see available openings go to:
The Corps offers a robust package of benefits to its employees:
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Annual Leave— Our beginning employees earn nearly 3 weeks (13 days of annual leave)
- Sick Leave— USACE employees earn 13 days of sick leave every year, with the ability to carry over existing sick leave to following years
- Medical Insurance— Employees chose from a number of options to include Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) and Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs).
- Dental & Vision— Our employees use the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
- Flexible Spending Accounts— Our employees may contribute a portion of their salaries on a pre-tax basis to pay for heal or dependent care costs.
- Long Term Care Insurance— USACE employees are eligible to purchase coverage for themselves and/or eligible families to provide financial relief should they require lengthy or lifelong assistance.
- Life Insurance— Our employees eligible for the Federal Employees Group Life Insurance. They may choose form the Basic Options and three forms of Optional Insurance.
- Retirement— USACE employees are covered under the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). Employees accrue a retirement benefit of 1% of their annual salary for every year of service.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)— A tax-deferred savings and investment plan with the same type of savings and tax benefits as 401(k) plans with private corporations. USACE matches your contributions on the first 5% of your pay.
- Alternate Work Schedules— Our employees may fulfill their 80-hour biweekly work schedule in a number of ways.
- Telework— Eligible employees may arrange to work from home when their work can be performed away from the office.
- Working Overseas— USACE employees are eligible for exciting and rewarding assignments in Europe, the Middle East and the Far East.
- Advanced Education — USACE employees may compete for paid programs to finish their degree or to receive their Master’s degree from the Army War College or National Defense University.